Law Offices of Hannah E. Sims, LL.M.
Oakland Certified Family Law Specialist

Parental Figures Deserve Parental Rights

parental rightsIf you have taken on the responsibilities of a parent, it's important to formalize your relationship so that you also have the legal rights that come with being a parent. Third-party parental rights are considered when a third party non-parent assumes the role of a parent and holds himself or herself out as same.

Whether you are a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, a stepparent or another adult who has had child care responsibilities for an extended time, we can help you get the third-party custody rights you need to fully support the children for whom you are responsible. Attorney Molly Laughlin has contributed her skills in this area to a number of groundbreaking cases that both denied and affirmed third-parent status. Her work in this area is well-respected in the family law community.

Regardless of your legal needs, the Sims Family Law Group, APC, is committed to your best interests and those of your children.

For help in establishing parental rights, contact us online or call 510-250-7834.

Extensive Experience Resolving Child Custody Issues

Child custody can be especially complicated for gay couples, regardless of whether one partner is the biological parent. We have years of experience resolving the issues that can come up in this context, and we are committed to helping all families obtain the legal rights they deserve and need to access their children's school records, make medical decisions and take other important actions in their children's lives.

We have 36 years of combined family law experience among the three members of our team, and founding attorney Hannah Sims is a Certified Family Law Specialist. We use this extensive legal experience and our keen understanding of the law and nuances in a family law case to provide you with trustworthy and knowledgeable representation. Our reputation as honed litigators speaks volumes.

Learn More about Our Services

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding child or spousal support, please contact us online or call us at 510-250-7834.

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy